Simplicity and LocateMe
Tuesday, January 13, 2009, by Sebastian Dwornik

So there I was, stuck in endless traffic, on my way to a friend’s house.  The plan was to get there for 5:00pm, eat some pizza, and then engage in some serious destruction on his Xbox.

Pizza in the oven I watched my clock turn to 4:45pm and it was obvious that the schedule was going to slip.

Worse yet, I hate eating cold pizza.

So I did what any other tech savvy driver would do.  I emailed my friend using my phone with my exact GPS location and a Google maps link to let him know how far away I still was.

Within seconds he was able to see exactly where I was located and replied with my ETA, and held off on the pizza order until I was closer.

The traffic didn’t improve, but at least now the food would be warm when I got there.  All thanks to my new mobile application, LocateMe.

The idea isn’t new and nor is the application.  But it does differentiate itself with the fact that it’s quick, easy, and intuitive.

Every day we are surrounded by a multitude of electronic devices that more often hinder our expression rather than enhance it.  I believe the design of things should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.

I hope to have achieved this with LocateMe.  Its goal was to make it very easy to communicate one’s GPS location, using their Windows Mobile phone.

Now if only ordering pizza was this simple.

Re: Simplicity and LocateMe

No posts

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

B_other_topics

Groups

Copyright © 2007 - 2017 Applied PDA Software, Inc. Fresh Lime Studio
All products mentioned on this web site are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies.