Locate me and External BT GPS

I have a Pharos 535v (Fujitsu N560 clone).

I would like to use Locate me with an external Blue Tooth Holux that I just got.

However, Locate me defaults to the internal GPS in the PPC and there is no way in the software to set a different port.

Thanks

Jose Weissmann
Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hi Jose,

To get LocateMe working with an external GPS, Windows Mobile provides the "External GPS" configuration app under the Settings -> System dialog.

I wrote a blog article that explains this usage and what to do in case your phone makes it more difficult to save such settings.

You can find it here: http://www.appliedpda.com/blog/show/39

Hope this helps. :)

Sebastian Dwornik
Friday, September 11, 2009

Still no go.

Tried messing with the system settings for the hardware port and software ports. All other GPS applications recognize the BT external as what it is COM6. Locateme always looks for the internal does not matter what I do (Internal is hardware port COM8.

Is there a settings file for Locatme that needs to be edited to tell it to forget about COM8?

Thanks

Jose Weissmann

LocateMe uses the settings that are provided by Windows Mobile, which are controlled by the "External GPS" configuration app under the Settings -> System dialog. Which in turn setup those registry values.

As in my blog entry, make sure your hardware COM port settings are being saved.

That is exactly how I got it to work with my own external BT GPS module. No other config file or such needed.

It technically should work.

Try setting your Bluetooth GPS hardware COM port to something lower than the internal port. Maybe COM2.

Sebastian Dwornik

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

B_other_topics

Groups

Copyright © 2007 - 2017 Applied PDA Software, Inc. Fresh Lime Studio
All products mentioned on this web site are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies.