Adapt or Die
Saturday, February 06, 2010, by Sebastian Dwornik

I have been reflecting on the state of the mobile industry for a while now and where my company, Applied PDA Software, needs to go.

Microsoft's incompetence within the mobile space and their apathy for the Windows Mobile o/s has clearly lost them serious market share.

iPhone and AndroidMost of the other Windows Phone developers have already shifted their focus to include iPhone, Android, and Blackberry development.

While Android and iPhone (+ iPad) too have their own imperfect qualities with respect to their o/s and App stores.  The mind share they encompass within the marketplace is too hard to ignore for any mobile developer.

My current collection of Windows Phone apps will still remain supported with possibly new apps coming in the future.  But the immediate business priority is to now shift towards expanding development into the more dominant mobile platforms.

Have an app idea you would like to see become a reality?
Or maybe want to see one of our Windows Phone apps ported to another platform?

Let me know!  I enjoy feedback and am always willing to listen to other people's ideas.

Watch this site for upcoming future apps to support a variety of mobile platforms and devices.

Re: Adapt or Die

No posts

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

B_other_topics

Groups

Copyright © 2007 - 2017 Applied PDA Software, Inc. Fresh Lime Studio
All products mentioned on this web site are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies.